Position Statements and Fact Sheets about radiation are available in their entirety on the HPS web site at:
HPS Position Statements and HPS Radiation Fact Sheets
Some of the many topics include:
- Radiation Exposure and Pregnancy
- Consumer Products Containing Radioactive Materials
- Perspectives and Recommendations for Indoor Radon
- What Are Some Sources of Radiation Exposure?
- Guidance for Protective Actions Following a Radiological Terrorist Event
- Is Potassium Iodide a “Magic Bullet” for Radiation Exposure?
- Use of Ionizing Radiation for Security Screening Individuals
- What About "Deadly Plutonium?"
- Radiation Risk in Perspective
- Ionizing Radiation-Safety Standards for the General Public
- Radiation Exposure from Medical Diagnostic Imaging Procedures
- Food Irradiation
- Ultraviolet Radiation and Public Health
- State and Federal Action is Needed for Better Control of Orphan Sources
- Low-Level Radioactive Waste (LLRW)
- Doses from Medical Radiation Sources